Installing Conky (Raspbian/Debian):
Today we shall be installing Conky on Raspbian (Stretch 9).
- A Raspberry Pi 2+ (Not sure if it works on other Raspberry Pi)
- Raspbian OS
- Image writing software, Etcher
what is it?
Conky is a system GUI that reads your computer configuration such as RAM, CPU, SSD/HDD, Top Processes, etc. Conky is also configurable.
How do i get it?
1. Open terminal, and type:
sudo apt-get install conky -y
2. Download the configuration file for conky:
wget -O /home/pi/.conkyrc https://raw.githubusercontent.com/novaspirit/rpi_conky/master/rpi3_conkyrc
3. To start conky on boot, we need to add a shell script and and configure conky to show on lxdesktop. Create the shell script file:
sudo nano /usr/bin/conky.sh
4. Paste this into the conky.sh file:
(sleep 4s && conky) &
5. Create the desktop file (autostart):
sudo nano /etc/xdg/autostart/conky.desktop
6. Paste this into the conky.desktop file:
Comment=system monitoring tool.
7. Reboot and check and see if everything is working! 😀
SouRces: novaspirit tech.