Fixing VirtualBox Installation Fail On MacOS
Are you trying to install VirtualBox on your Mac and the installation keeps failing? Recently I had this problem as well. I thought that the application installation was fine even though it failed and could be opened. Well here is how to get this problem fixed.
- A computer running MacOS High Sierra or later
- Keyboard and mouse
- Password to the user account
- Download the latest version of VirtualBox.
- Extract the zip file.
- Double click the installer.
- Run through the installer entering your user password at the end.
- Wait until the installation fails before going to the next step.
Fixing the VirtualBox installation fail issue:
- Open System Preferences.
- Navigate to Security & Privacy.
- Click on General.
- At the bottom right of the window, there will be something like “was blocked from loading”, click the allow button next to it.
- Go back to the VirtualBox installer.
- Run through the installer again.
- Enter your user password.
- Wait for the installer to finish successfully.
Great! You now have VirtualBox working on your Mac!